Intro to PucaTrade
For those of you who haven’t caught on to this. Catch up! PucaTrade can get you all the cards you need to get at the right price with FREE shipping. For anything. That’s right, free shipping, no bulls, to any country you may happen to live. And the service is free. Yes FREE, no arguments. You can trade cards with little to no hindrance, freely without cost. If you want to capitalize and do real business from this, then pay them and sign up for a paid account. This is how they keep their web site going. Trust me, you’ll make or save more money in the long run with the tools you get from signing up. As you know – I live in Japan. Japan is far away from everywhere and getting that last single Boros Charm from a reputable online shop can often cost over US$16.00 in shipping to get to me, and that sux. Fix the damn shipping calculator. On PucaTrade, if you send the card or cards, you pay the shipping. You’ll be awarded with credits. If they’re being shipped to you, its free.
PucaTrade is Genuine
It is made by people who are actually trying to help the Magic: The Gathering community. That’s right, they are real people that you can actually email and talk to (…but keep in mind, they do get busy). Go to their About Page by clicking here. It show’s you who started it, who works there, what they do there, what kind of Magic they play and with photos. It is on the ground and personal. They have an online shop where you can buy a few of their products. You can find that by clicking here. Take a look at those tokens. Yes, cool. But what’s even cooler is that they’re printed on recycled card stock and use biodegradable vege ink. That is very cool. It makes me feel better that someone else out there is feeling the same way about the amount of trees that are sacrificed for my hobby to enter the battlefield and tap to fight target etcetera. And I want to support someone who is on that boat with what limited resources I have.
And check out this beast token. It’s definitely one you wanna put out after killing something big with Beast Within 🙂 Perfect words, great art, eco friendly.
PucaTrade uses what they have labeled “PucaPoints”. PucaPoints is a digital representation of value specifically for the trade of Magic: The Gathering single cards. You can buy them with real money, trade your excess cards for them and use them to get the cards you need. They have roughly the equivalent value to one United States cent except they are completely digital. If that worries you – please consider that all of your bank cards hold your money digitally. 92% percent of the worlds currency is digital. Don’t be surprised. This is no different.
PucaPoint system pros:
- Digital Points are currency free. Currency free means that you can use this service and keep it separate from the every day monetary hustle, stress and bustle that cash gives us. You can simply get points by sending cards to someone who needs them.
- Disputes can be settled easier. Wherever there is trade, there are disputes. There are sharks, players, new comers, cheaters and genuinely good traders. PucaPoints removes the fear of loosing out on a trade. If your card doesn’t arrive or if your card arrives damaged – you can dispute it, and the PucaStaff will help you. And they will. They provide that service for free!
- PucaPoints are safer. This is simple. Cash can be used to buy doughnuts and ice cream. PucaPoints can’t. They are there sitting on PucaTrade waiting for your next card to appear on your wants list. Also, it is more difficult to steal PucaPoints than real money, which makes it safer.
- PucaPoints can be purchased with real money. If you’re like me and want to make a little profit on the side, this is the way to do it. Purchase PucaPoints with cash, get cards shipped for free, sell them in your shop in your country with your markup and continue this cycle until you have a Magic empire. Yay. Now you’re rich and you have cool Magic cards.
- PucaPoints are an investment. If you play your cards right, buy them when they’re cheap and post them when they’re expensive. Where’s the loss? Shipping? Then make a threshold. If the profit you’re going to make exceeds the shipping cost, then sweet, do it. As mentioned; your points are patiently waiting there for you to make the right decision.
- No chance of being cheated on price. The system automatically shows you the prices of the cards, and those prices are non-negotiable when clicking on the ‘Send Card’ button. If you have a paid account, you can gift a little extra. This means you can’t cheat someone into a bad trade and neither others to you. You get the card at the fair price of what it costed at the time.
- Your points get awarded immediately when the trade is complete.
Have you ever traded on eBay using PayPal? If you have, you know what I’m talking about, right? If you haven’t :- Sign up on eBay and try and sell some cards. List how many hoops you have to jump through to sell a single damn card. Another bonus is; you must own a credit card if you are to receive payment, then there’s fee’s and taxes and payment holds… what a nightmare. PucaTrade, all the way. To be fair, I am comparing an auction site to a fair trade system. In the MTG trading business, and in time: PucaTrade will polish that stain called eBay from extorting us Magic players for good!
PucaPoint system cons:
- Money can’t be purchased with PucaPoints. I could almost list this as an advantage. Imagine all the cheating and hacking and legal issues that would happen if you could cash in PucaPoints. People would have no points to trade with because they’d keep cashing out for rent. Also that’d mean that PucaTrade would be paying for everyone’s cards when the customers cash out. Then the site would shut down. Then the makers would have to mortgage their houses and sell their cars and give up their kids to slave labor to pay everyone off. This will never happen. Don’t try and suggest it.
- It may sound biased and maybe like a marketing stint but I honestly can’t think of anything else. Help me out!
Therefore, something like PucaTrade is a blessing for me. It is something I have been looking for and it has actually been around for a few years now, so it is quite established. Don’t be too critical because every web site has room for improvement. They have a bottle-necked list and a flood of suggested improvements to be done and believe me, they are working on it.
To tell you the truth, I am writing this article based off a survey of many a PucaPeople’s experiences and what little experience I do have. Thank you to all of those who replied! I’m actually only a about a month new to the whole PucaTrade thing and I feel like I’m an trading expert with no experience. On the get go, I signed up for gold member status. There’s also silver and just common, which is what you get when you sign up for free. Don’t get me wrong though. With common status; you can trade cards. But with silver or gold status, there’s two special features that I have singled out that aren’t necessarily necessary for day to day trades but I feel are necessary should you want to net a profit on this and you don’t live in America. Here they are:
- You can receive foils
- You can filter countries
People like shiny cards in Japan. I don’t particularly like them but they net a pretty piece of cheddar if you find the right buyer. I also want to post people cards in Japan as gifts. That can only be done with the gold rare account. The Japan filter can be done with the silver uncommon account. It only costs me 82 yen (US$0.70) per letter and usually gets to them to where they’re going, over night, no matter where they are in Japan. So here’s a few handy tools that come with the site.
A few useful PucaTools
- Card Price History Data & Trends – GOLD
This’ll allow you to see the value fluctuations of all those money cards over time. I think this is absolutely essential if you are planning to invest in this game seriously. It even shows you how much the value cards have gained or lost since you made the trade.
- Watch List – SILVER GOLD
You can list stuff here that you want but aren’t quite committed to spending PucaPoints on. Quite useful if you’re like me and want every card in every deck and four Liliana of the Veil’s to complete your casual zombie deck but just can’t quite justify it yet.
- Advanced Search – SILVER GOLD
With this you get the option to see only cards that people have in their wants list, sort them alphabetically, most wanted, by most haves and so on. Good for finding cards you need and narrowing off the list of cards to show just buyers for a particular card to offload something cool you might have.
- Puca-Value Index – COMMON SILVER GOLD
This one is a little complicated. They use a bunch of trading algorithms that analyze card prices on hundreds of different websites around the world to determine the most accurate values for cards. That is safe trading value.
Another cool thing they have made beautifully is their search system. And I know from years of experience buying magic cards online is if there’s one thing that makes or breaks a magic card trading website is their card search engine. It needs to be simple enough to use, not over burdened with details and graphically pleasing. This is a very difficult thing to achieve and PucaTrade have done it. Check this out:
Brilliance, absolute brilliance. Its not over complicated, it has all the search boxes in the places where you would expect them to be. The results align perfectly next to year search box. Single clicks to add cards to certain lists. Everything. Just beautiful. Keep in mind, this is not a search engine for deck building. It is a search engine for adding either cards you want or cards you have, or, of course – seeing how many people have or want them. Eyes on you Restorangel.
And there it is. PucaTrade. Jump on this bandwagon. You’ll be glad you did and without regret.
You, MTGZoo and PucaTrade
The shorts: Sign up for a free account using this link: PucaTrade. I’ll receive 300 PucaPoints for each sign up and use that to give you guys free prizes and grow the community here.
You can help me. This blog is still about Magic: The Gathering and I will strive to go to shops and GP’s in Japan and blog about them but I am just one person and I am still trying to earn my living. This thing is going to help me dearly to grow an English friendly Magic community in Japan. If you sign up for a free PucaTrade account by clicking on one of the many links scattered across this article, I’ll receive 300 PucaPoints. That is an equivalent of US$3.00 that you would be personally donating to me just by signing up for a free PucaTrade account.
Special treatment for people in Japan or those planning to come here: I have a mission for you.
- Go to the Facebook group, MTGZoo and click the button.
- Prove to one of the Admins that you have a PucaTrade account.
- Tell them a bit about yourself, why you like magic and what formats you play.
- Negotiate a trade with Aroni, me. Ask me for something I may have and I will gift it to you.
- Tell me about a custom made token you’d like to have and I will make it for you.
Step 4 and step 5, I will do for free, including labor, package and shipping. This game is personal to me and I would like to make it personal for you too.
For step 3; I have bunches of excess commons and uncommons from the Khans block, mostly in Japanese. Ask me for anything, but nothing rarer than uncommon please. Tokens and Emblems are perfectly fine. List a few cards that you would like from that pool in the order you would like them. I might just have the card at the top of your list and I might just give it to you. The first people to do this will get all my Monastery Swiftspears obviously. So you should obviously include that at the top of your list. I like them too, so if you have a bunch you’d like to donate to me to prize new signups, feel free to do so. Also it is for a single card only guys and girls. It’s just reassurance for me that you are a real person and that you do either live in Japan or plan to come here.
All of the steps with the exception of number 5 are not optional. You must complete at least the first four before you can become a member.
Also if you complete the mission, I will hand draw you a custom made token or proxy of any card to your liking if you want. Here’s a few examples:
Yes, they are very cute and yes, that is the best I can draw at the present moment. I promise you, I will get better over time as more people join the group. This will eat a lot of my time until signups slow down so please allow some time for me to finish your card. Sorry, I wont preview the progress of your card. I will draw the card, the best I can with the information you provide. When I’m satisfied with the card, you’ll see it when it gets posted to you. Trust me, you’ll like it. If not, sell it for a million dollars on eBay. I’m sure you’d like a million dollars instead.
So sign up on PucaTrade and give me the kick-start I need to build this thing!
This is me, Aroni, holding a tree, ever so peacefully.
I am a magic person, just like you. So join the group at MTGZoo.